Sunday, November 18, 2007

Week 11 Reflections

All I can say is whewwww! This has been a challenging week for me as I have tried to juggle course assignments for my two classes, work, and unexpected family visitors. I am glad to be finished with the 10 page academic paper which is due today. Initially, I loved the idea of having to do a 10 page paper, but as I gathered all my articles and other resources together and tried to synthesize the information, I found it challenging to get it all in 10 pages. I constantly had to go back and delete some information while making sure my paragraphs flowed logically. I am not sure if I was successful at this because my eyes became a little blurry after 4:30 a.m.

I regret that I did not get the chance to chat with any of you this week. I am sure you were just as busy as I was trying to complete your papers.

I loved our discussion on gaming and simulations this week. I was so inspired after reading the assigned readings, that I had to change one of my topics to include gaming and its implications in K-12 classrooms. I hope Dr. Green doesn't mind that simulation gaming was not in my original outline and realize that I was driven by enthusiasm to take it upon myself to change one of my topics. I also learned a lot from some of the simulation and gaming websites you guys posted. I bookmarked several that I found relative to my teaching. Thanks a lot!

Well, only one week remains. I look forward to chatting with you all and reading and responding to your postings.

Denise

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Denise,
I am also relieved that the paper is over and out of the way. I am taking two other courses and both require a "minimum 10 page paper". It is nice to have one major project checked off of the list!

Shane said...

Denise--I think we are all exhausted for the same reasons you noted. I am finally sitting down to do some blogging.

The paper was somewhat fun for me but it was also a necessary evil--no offense to anyone here in that respect. The timing was awful for me--this was a very difficult weekend.

However, the paper is done and we can hopefully breathe a bit easier.

I hope to see you online at some point this week. I bet the week will go quickly! :)

Take care!
Shane.

Heather Farley said...

Denise,

I also decided to change one of the three topics of my paper. I'm sure Dr. Green won't mind....at least I hope not!

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Heather